Willing To Wait
Waiting - to remain in place for readiness or expectation of something.
Song Suggestion While Reading: Closer To My Dreams by Goapele https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb9fkGCCV1o
Learning How To Wait
1. Set Boundaries
What are ways to set boundaries:
- Make a list of things by priority
- Say NO! Without guilt
- If it does not serve you in any way then pass up on the opportunity, conversation, or event.
2. Resess The Situation
How to assess a situation:
- Take a step back and ask yourself how your favorite mentor handles this situation.
- Address your emotions and acknowledge them during and after the situation. Are you angry, happy, anxious, or overwhelmed?
- Breathe in through your nose on a five count. Then exhale on a five count. Repeat as needed
- Go for a walk where your breath is at a controlled pace.
- Set down and cross your legs in "Indian Style" form, and close your eyes for 30 secs. Repeat as needed.
4. Manage Your Time
How to manage your time:
- Become familiar with deadlines.
- Do not take on more than you can handle.
- Ask for help if needed.
Questions To Reflect On:
What are you waiting for?
What encourages you during your "waiting season?"
Sip and Swatch Takeaway: Patience can be practiced at any aged and time in your life.