Resting is to cease work or movement in order to relax, refresh oneself, or recover strength.
Resting is essential to being productive.
Ways to indulge in resting.
1. Relaxing- to make less tense, rigid, or firm; make lax.
Ways to relax:
- listen to your favorite album
- do yoga
- take a bath
2. Refresh- give new strength or energy to; reinvigorate.
Ways to refresh:
- take a cold shower/ice bath
- reorganize your workspace
- experience going into a steam room
3. Regroup - reassemble or cause to reassemble into organized groups, typically after being attacked or defeated.
Ways to regroup:
- journal your thoughts
- do not focus on things that are out of your control
- create a color coding system
4. Restore: return to a former condition, place, or position.
Ways to restore:
- do a body detox
- get a full body massage
- watch one of your favorite childhood movies
Sip and Swatch Take Away: resting should not be confused with being lazy.
Reflective Questions For Resting
In what ways do you feel weary and burdened right now?
How would you assess the balance in your life between work and rest?
Who Got Me by Alina Baraz https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPDjg-nlnto